Friends of the Winery
While many people have truly impacted this project, a few deserve special mention.
- Cameron Karger. Cameron helped us immensely in getting started and provided us with advise from the begining. Cameron brings much experience from his days as Assistant Winemaker for Mark Aubert, where he was making the wines of both Aubert and Colgin. Cameron provides us with advice on how to produce clean, rich, full-bodied wines that are sure to please wine reviewers and consumers alike. We disregard it all, and continue to focus on making wines we love. Cameron is currently the General Manager at The Point, Relais & Chateaux.
- Andrew Welder. As a former sommelier turned restaurateur, Andrew has one of the sharpest palates I have ever had the pleasure to encounter. Andrew acts as our official taste-tester in addition to the much appreciated contribution of physical labor. Andrew owns Rockhill Restaurant in Cherry Hill, NJ.
- Jacob Kiel. As the former Sommelier for the Hotel Fauchere, Relais & Chateaux, Jacob worked with Christopher and Isabel, and as part part of his training, trips to the winery were mandatory. Jacob has helped with nearly every aspect of the winery from sorting and crushing, to blending and bottling. Jacob continues to support Element Winery in Norway and our unofficial brand ambassador.
- Julia Grashaftel. She also came to the Hotel Fauchere to develop her skills in the hospitality industry and later took over for Jacob as sommelier. Like Jacob, winery work was an important part of her learning about wine. Julia now resides at home in Austria.
- Ron Hall. The contribution of physical labor can not be overlooked. Ron has helped every step of the way. He helped Bob with much of the day-to-day operations in the winery in the early days.
- Greg Bates. Always willing to help when the crunch is on. Greg has helped not only to bottle, but to help rebuild the bottling line itself.
- David Hansen. He drives up to the winery from Virginia to help bottle, crush, or press whenever we need it. At this point, his biggest impact has been helping us figure out this internet thing.
- Justin Recktenwald. Justin began working for Element Winery in 2012, and has been an amazing help ever since. He has since launched his own label, Wild Brute, but still works very closely with us as we both look to push ourselves to produce the best wine possible.